Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Back to the Library

I spent the morning doing some online work. I looked up the Department of Labor again. No, my disability money still hasn't gone through. It should soon. They said 14 days. I looked up some more writing pages, too. I'd really like to find some publishers/content mills that pay more than Helium's pennies. I can't live on the 20 cents that was in there last time I checked.

The trouble with the content mills is my knowledge is limited. I'm interested in a lot of things, but I'm not an expert. I don't have enough experience at anything to be an expert at it...except for grocery store work, and that's just boring. The creative stories don't seem to pay as much, and even the articles only pay if someone buys them. I don't know how to get people to buy my stories.

I finally headed out to run some errands around 11:30. It was a chilly, beautiful day, pretty typical of late November in Southern New Jersey. The sky was bright blue, with a few fleecy clouds scattered by the breezes. It was chilly, and there was a snap in the air that said "winter is on its way." I wheeled Miss Ellie's old cart down to Dad's to do my laundry. Jodie and Jessa were there, watching the rather bland modernized remake of Cheaper By the Dozen with Helen Hunt and Steve Martin. Jessa was making a Buffalo Turkey Cheese Dip. I made a turkey and radish sandwich (the radishes seemed to be the only vegetables in the house).

I ran a few errands in the neighborhood while my laundry was in the drier. Tried Lisa Perry's office again. Almost no one was around this time, and only two therapists were labeled as being in. I had far more luck with my first volunteering session at the Oaklyn Library in over two months. The DVDs alone badly needed organizing, especially the children's titles. It took me so long to do the DVDs, I never got to the books! I may go back there later in the week.

The laundry still wasn't dry when I got back in. I had a fairly large load, including towels. I tossed them back in the drier and had a long chat with Jodie. I feel a little better about the past few months, but I'm still embarrassed and upset with myself for letting things get this bad. Like I said, the last of the temporary disability money should be coming in soon, which will help, but I can't continue to live on that.

When I got home, I spent the rest of the evening doing some reading on my computer. Watched Sailor Moon episodes as comfort food while I worked on something for Amanda and had a quick dinner.

No comments: