Thursday, June 18, 2015

A Misty, Moisty Morning

Started the morning with some of my favorite Backyardigans episodes as I ate breakfast, and then while making Strawberry-Chocolate Chip Muffins. Uniqua, Austin, and Pablo are on a "Mission to Mars" to find out the source of the "boinga boinga" sound Mission Control heads Tyrone and Tasha keep hearing.

Pie Master Tyrone teaches eager apprentice Austin how to make "Samurai Pie" for Empress Tasha. Meanwhile, pie-snitching ninjas Uniqua and Pablo have to watch out for traps as they try to grab that pastry!

Austin's also the focus in "Scared Of You." He's bringing invitations from Mad Scientist Tasha to Mummy Tyrone, Werewolf Uniqua, and Pablo, the world's cutest vampire penguin. At least, he will if the monsters don't stop being scared of each other.

Today was my 8-hour shift. It was probably just as well. It rained overnight. The precipitation was down to a mist when I went to work. The weather kept people away until the 4 to 6 rush hour. It was just starting to die again when I finished at 7. My only major problems were a grouchy couple early on who kept fussing about not having the right thing for the darn WIC Checks and about my bagging. Other than them, there were no major problems, and I was able to leave quickly without a relief.

Finished out the Backyardigans disc when I got in and had leftovers for dinner. Pablo is asking "Whodunit?" after Lady Tasha's jewels vanish. With suspects like Uniqua Underwood, Tasha's neighbor Austin Frothingslosh, and the mysterious Tyrone the Butler roaming the halls of gloomy Mystery Manor, this is going to be Pablo's most baffling case yet!

No comments: