Thursday, June 04, 2015

Late Night Cartoons

It was still gloomy and cold this morning when the construction workers downstairs jolted me awake. They're now working under my bedroom, of course. I drowned them out with some Backyardigans. Uniqua's a "Fly Girl" who delivers singing telegrams in her pink bi-plane. Grumpy pirate Pablo, silence-obsessed Asian Indian queen Tasha, and abominable snowman Tyrone don't seem to appreciate her songs...or do they?

I made a quick run to the Oaklyn Library before work. There wasn't a whole lot going on over there, though there were quite a few people on the computers. I mainly shelved picture books and organized the board books in the kids' section.

Hurried home in time to change, eat a quick lunch, and do more Backyardigans. Uniqua and Tasha are pizza delivery girls in the Mexican jungle, bringing "Chitchen Itza Pizza" to Mexican Emperor Tyrone. The route through the jungle is fraught with peril, and Tasha tries to give up at several points. The girls finally learn the importance of perseverance...and bringing a king a good slice of pizza.

Work was a little busier than yesterday, otherwise same deal - on and off, with some annoying customers, including lots of people wouldn't bag. Other than that, there were no major problems. It was off enough by 6 PM for me to leave with no relief and no need for one. I bought a Caesar salad for dinner.

I spent the rest of the evening enjoying my salad and watching Wonder Woman. It's a commotion in the ocean when "The Deadly Dolphin" is stolen from an LA marine park. A greedy local millionaire wants to use the dolphin to get his hands on some prime seafront property. Diana Prince has to figure out his plans...and keep the dolphin from being harmed.

Oh, and it took me a while to figure out how to upload everything, but "The Adventures of the Crimson Blade" is up at Fanfiction.net, in their TV Shows/Remember WENN section.

The Adventures of the Crimson Blade at Fanfiction.net

No comments: