Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Chilled Adventure

Began a bitterly cold morning with my first early work day in months. It did not go well. I did do carts and gathered baskets and the indoor trash, but I was mostly cleaning either the bathrooms, or wiping down shelves after Christmas decorations and items were taken down. If one manager wasn't giving me an order, another was telling me to do something else.

I couldn't get out of there fast enough. There was a cute Christmas kitten gift bag on my front porch to cheer me up when I got home. It was a late Christmas gift from Miss Willa and Richard. They make the best Christmas candy bark. I was glad to see a bag of chocolate-covered biscotti and petit fours, too. I gave away all my Christmas goodies.

Put the cookies and candy away, changed, and headed out for what was likely my last laundry session of the year. The place was packed with families doing their loads from yesterday, but it couldn't be helped. I had to get it done. At least I didn't have a big load. I worked on story notes and ignored General Hospital and Action News.

Did a little bit of writing when I got home. Rey storms off into the Forest of No Return after the other kids take too long deciding who will go first. BB goes after her. They discover how the forest gained its name when they're lifted into the air by two living trees, who definitely don't want humans in their realm!

Did a snow-themed Backyardigans episode during my leftovers dinner in honor of the cold day. Pablo is pretending to be "The Yeti," who eats raisins and lives in igloos in the frozen north. Uniqua keeps insisting that the Yeti is real. Tasha claims that there's no such thing. Tyrone just wants to keep the bickering pair moving towards that strange sound.

Finished the night off after a shower with my favorite Indiana Jones movie, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. After a short opening segment depicting how the young Indy (River Phoenix) became a globe-trotter, we go into the main story. The adult Indiana (Harrison Ford) learns that his father Professor Henry Jones (Sean Connery) has disappeared while searching for the Holy Grail. Though he at first partners with a young scholar (Alison Doody) and a businessman who is interested in medieval lore (Julian Glover), they both turn out to be far less trustworthy than they seem. It's up to Indy, Professor Jones, Indy's good friend Sallah (John Rhys-Davis), and bumbling museum owner Marcus Brody (Denholm Elliot) to find the Grail and make sure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands.

I love this movie mainly because Ford and Connery play off each other so beautifully as father and son. Indy has far more fun with him than he does with any of his female partners, including Marion. There's a lot of great moments, too, from the opening chase on the circus train to the "no ticket" incident on the zeppelin to the actual search for the Grail in the finale. Highly recommended.

No comments: