Friday, December 11, 2020

Blue Christmas

Began the morning with breakfast and the second season Christmas episode of Laverne & Shirley in honor of David Lander, who passed away on December 4th. "Oh Hear the Angel Voices" has Carmine convincing everyone to perform at a local hospital on Christmas Eve. Shirley is horrified when they realize it's a mental hospital. She's heard stories about the people who end up in mental facilities. Laverne's too busy flirting with the contestants to notice.

Switched to To Tell the Truth as I got dressed for work. I'm glad I put on the show after I ate. The first guest was a young man who funded graduate school cooking fancy Chinese meals at fine local restaurants. The panel was split between one and two; turned out to be knowledgeable two. 

Called Uber later than I should have and ended up being ten minutes to work. It was the beginning of a bad day. Several customers were nasty, grouchy, or just plain mean, including another person who demanded I put paper bags into plastic for her before I started. I'm not used to working 8 1/2 hours and was more than worn out by the end of the day. Not to mention, I did my grocery shopping before I realized I ran out this morning and forgot my wallet. I couldn't get anything and embarrassed myself.

At least I was able to get my schedule. In good news, Tuesday off, and my hours for most of the week are a little more normal. Bad news...another 8 hour day on Sunday, which means I have three in a row, and only one day off again. If today totally wore me out, I don't want to contemplate what three will do. We weren't even that busy today, except for at rush hour. It was on-and-off steady for most of the afternoon, normal for Friday in the middle of the month. 

Thankfully, the very sweet young lady Uber driver was early. Turns out she was dropping off someone at the Wal Mart behind the Acme. I got to and from work with no trouble whatsoever.

Changed and went straight into leftovers for dinner and Match Game '75 when I got home. They're still trying to get the champ to belly dance. Charles jumped in, pretending to be a snake charmer. It didn't work. Meanwhile, Allen Ludden keeps showing off his fancy watch to anyone who'll listen. Match Game PM brought in Betty White, Eva Gabor, and Dick Martin to make jokes about what the dullest book to make a movie about would be. (Of course, if you asked Betty, it would be Brett's life...)

Sale of the Century started over with three new contestants. The woman won two of the three Fame Games and bought an Instant Bargain in the beginning, but one of the men bought a second Bargain, won a Fame Game, and pushed ahead in the Speed Round. He picked up a computer desk on the Match the Prizes board.

Finished out the night with Babes In Toyland on Disney Plus. I went further into this charming Mother Goose fantasy at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog in November 2018.

No comments: