Saturday, July 25, 2026

Sleepy Time Matches

Began the morning with breakfast and Paw Patrol. "Rescue Knights: Pups Break the Ice" after Claw gives Sparks blue marshmallows that allow him to breathe ice. He freezes the clock tower, then Skye's helicopter. The others keep Claw and the bratty Duke of Flapppington busy and defrost the Paw Patrol Castle while Skye finds some very special helpers. Chase thinks in "Rescue Knights: Pups Save Excalibark" that he's pulled a fabled bone from a stone and is now the Royal Knight. He wants to help the others when Claw attacks again, but he ends up being a bigger help than he could know when he's the one who discovers that the so-called magic bone is a scam.

Hurried out to work after that. Thankfully, I did get there on time. The older man who now works as a bagger will only push carts, and only a few at a time. He doesn't do inside work, so I swept the store and helped him with the carts and did returns and gathered the outside trash. I wasn't too happy when I came inside and didn't realize until the security guard kindly pointed out that the trash bag was leaking! At least I didn't get far into the store. She cleaned it up, and doubled the bags. At least the weather was nice for all the running around. It remains warm, sunny, and dry, probably in the mid-80's. 

As soon as I got home, I changed, brought the new sneakers I ordered for work from Amazon upstairs, and went into bed for a nap. I couldn't sleep for more than an hour this time, and it didn't really help. I was still tired when I rolled out of bed and went online to watch tonight's Match Game marathon.

Richard Dawson had several jackets he wore a lot, but he was especially fond of a bright red jacket. He wore this one a lot between 1973 and 1975. It first turned up in a 1973 episode that also featured Pat Harrington and a Naval officer as a contestant. He also wore it on Arte Johnson's first episode, one of the days on the only week to feature football star Rosy Greer, and the first day for one of the biggest winners of 1974, police officer C.B Farnsworth. 

It was most commonly seen in 1975. In fact, Rich wore it in some of the best episodes of the year, like when Gene said "Schnick Snack" instead of "blank" the way the original German version of the show did, or Dick Martin's first episode. He wore it when Gary Burghoff wore a shirt that looked like a tuxedo and when Ron Valenti, the handsome teacher Fannie Flagg seemed to have such a crush on, first appeared. There was also when ingenue Melinda O. Fee got her first right answer, when Brett gave "Racer" as an answer for "Speed __" and she was the only one who knew it was a beloved early anime (she probably watched it with her sons), or when funny older man Bill gave some really hilarious answers. 

He also wore it on nighttime shows, notably the episode where he and Charles wore wide-brimmed straw hats. They claimed they were part of "Your Basic Big Picture Hat Society." Those "basic big picture hats" came in handy when Gene and Richard used them to hid their kissing the winning contestant after the Head-to-Head!

The redcoats are coming...to Television City to kiss behind hats, match policemen, and show off the many lives of one "schnick snacking" bright coat!

No comments: