Friday, February 22, 2008

"Here Comes Suzie Snowflake..."

The first thing I did when I got up was peer out the window on the side of my bedroom, near my bed. Yup, there it was. Six inches of clean, white snow under a porcelain sky that didn't look like it was going to give up the ghost any time soon. Ultimately, the snow proved to be fluffy and no big deal to clean. I finally swept it off my steps before I left work this afternoon. Other than that, I was iffy about doing any chores. The last time I ran around in snow, I fell down my steps and landed on my landlady's nephew. Thankfully, neither he nor I were hurt, but it was embarrassing. Considering what I did to myself on wet steps last July, we probably got lucky.

Even as Dad drove me to work, the snow was changing to a very light snow-rain mix. By the time I got out (with a full grocery bag and backpack - I haven't had a big trip in a while, and I needed fresh vegetables and pasta), it was 39 degrees and pouring regular, non-frozen rain. I don't think it's even doing that now.

Work was steady-to-busy, no problems other than some obnoxious people buying overflowing containers of crab legs they wouldn't bag. First of all, what's with the crab legs? Is there some kind of seafood convention going on in Camden? I know there's a sale on, but some of these containers could have fed the entirety of South Philly and had plenty left over for Midtown. Second, if you can bag, do so, especially when the baggers are busy. If you're hurt or can't, that's understandable, but don't sit there like a bump on a log and stare at us if you can.

No comments: