Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dark and Cloudy Day

Not a very busy day. After Oatmeal Squares and bananas for breakfast, I started out to FYE on foot. It was still cloudy, humid, and cool, and it looked like it might have rained earlier that morning. It wasn't really bike weather. Besides, I had no really major plans for the day and I wasn't in any hurry.

Got to FYE after a quick stop at the Acme to use their bathroom. Neither FYE nor the Acme were really busy, not surprising given the weather and the day. It took me a while to find what I was looking for, but I finally ended up with Get Smart: Season 3, as well as a DVD copy of the 1979 Bill Murray summer camp comedy Meatballs (I got my video copy from my stepdad and it's starting to show its age) and the classic Steve Martin film noir spoof Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid.

I spent the rest of the afternoon after I got home dusting, putting up the summer and patriotic decorations, and watching the first disc of Get Smart. Some of the show's best episodes come from the early third season, including the Emmy-winner "Maxwell Smart, Private Eye" and "One of Our Olives Is Missing," with Carol Burnett guest-starring as a country singer.

Also organized the box of American Girls items I got yesterday. I tossed a thin robe that had a hole in it and a few broken odds-and-ends, but most everything did seem to be intact. I left the costumes, the fur coat, Little Jessa's pants and the rest of her Girl Scout costume, and the small parts in the big box. The good dresses, like Felicity's Rose Garden Gown and Samantha's clothing, went in Sam's box. I managed to fit the bed under the vanity chair where the Efframbee fairy tale dolls sit, where the old bed was. I had less luck with the bike. I just couldn't get the front wheel and handlebar to screw in right. I may just ditch it in the back room.

(And like last Thursday, it's just as well that I didn't do any running around this afternoon. It rained shortly after I got home and rained off and on for the rest of the day.)

No comments: