Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer Clean

For the first time in over a month, today began with a clear blue sky, without a cloud in sight, and a lovely breeze. I headed over to Dad and Uncle Ken's to do the laundry. My cousin Paige, who works for her father Mark, seemed to be the only one home. We had a nice chat about her work (she works for a organ donor facility and with her dad) and her little girl Ella (who is now two).

After the laundry came out of the dryer, I went back to my apartment to clean the bathroom. I'm probably not going to get to the rest of the apartment until later in the week, but the bathroom couldn't wait. It was really grungy, especially the tub. I couldn't stand looking at it anymore.

I finished the bathroom and ran back to get my laundry...then discovered it had to dry a few more minutes. No problem. Dad and Uncle Ken had appeared. They were trying to get the pump for the pool to work. I chatted a little with them, then finally got the laundry home. I had just enough time to put it all away, change into my uniform, eat lunch, and pack dinner before leaving for work.

Between the nice weather and this being the end of the month, work was steady-to-dead all night, with no problems.

No comments: