Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Not-So Fantastic Weather

Ugh. The weather remained the same - cloudy, damp, and way too cool for this time of year. This is getting ridiculous. It wasn't so bad in April, or even in May, but it shouldn't still be doing this in June.

Today was really rather dull. I watched Fantastic Four while baking Gold Cupcakes for Father's Day and working on editing this month's Monkees Role Play. (Which I did post, BTW - it's now available at Lauren's and my Monkees site.) Fantastic Four wasn't terribly exciting, either. Four astronauts and their wealthy backer are hit with cosmic radiation while in space that gives them powers not unlike the X-Men's. Absent-minded Reed Richards now has a flexible, rubber body. Big Ben Grimm is even bigger, thanks to a rock-hard shell around his body. Hot-headed Johnny Storm can generate and manipulate fire, while his big sister Susan can become invisible and manipulate light. I rented this because I liked The Thing in the 60s cartoon that used to run on Boomerang. It was ok, but the cast was boring (I'm not terribly fond of Jessica Alba) and the script veered between campy and melodramatic. The villain was bland, too. I liked it enough that I may rent the sequel (which I've also seen at the Haddon Township Library)...but it's unlikely that I'll buy either movie.

And of course, after just being cloudy all day, it had to start raining right before I had to go to work. I still took my bike. It was a light shower, and I'd been inside all day. Work was steady-to-dead, with no major problems. It started raining as I rode home, but once again, it wasn't enough for me to get soaked.

No comments: