Sunday, June 07, 2009

Sunshine On My Shoulders

Today was absolutely, positively gorgeous, in the 70s, sunny, and a little windy. I had Peanut Butter Molasses Pancakes and blackberries for breakfast and called Mom. She was on her way out to work on the garden, happy to finally be able to get out there after another week of constant rain. Keefe was babysitting at Anny's; Dad was out on his motorcycle.

Mom told me that my 4-year-old nephew Skylar had another seizure a few weeks ago. Anny was able to get him to the hospital quicker this time, now that she knew the symptoms. They gave him medication...but it's apparently messing with the medication he already takes to help him with his aggressiveness. I wish he didn't have to take anything at all, but Mom says it really helps him. She said they'd revised the medication and he was fine when she watched him last night.

She also told me that Rose's bruise was feeling much better...and so was she in general. She'd just found out she had a 3.0 grade average at law school! I called her after Mom headed for the garden to congratulate her. Yes, she was feeling much better now, just busy with work and classes. She said she might be willing to come over to my place on Tuesday; I'll call her tomorrow to confirm.

I did some stuff on the computer as the Beatles show on WOGL ended. (Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band was the theme this morning.) Yahoo! Messenger went down twice last night while I was chatting with Lauren, so I updated to the new one. As I cleared my drives and defragged, I looked out my window at the birds chirping and the squirrels frolicking, and I thought it's just too nice to be in here!


So, I went out. I stopped briefly at Dad's to say "hi" to him and Jodie and see if Jessa was around (she wasn't), then strolled down to West Clinton, around to Kendall, and over to the river at the end of Goff. I love going down there. There's a concrete landing where small craft launches, and it has a spectacular view of the river, Audubon Park, and the ramp between Oaklyn and the White Horse Pike. The breeze felt lovely under the trees, with their huge, mature green leaves. Even as I left, two young men in a van with a canoe on top drove up to the landing.

Work was very busy, more than last weekend. I had some problems in the express line this evening. One older woman thought she had the money to pay for her order...but her debit/credit card just would not go through. She eventually had to take off half her order before it worked. She held up a very long line...and had a full cart and should not have been in the express lane in the first place!

Oh, and congratulations to all Tony Award winners! I have the Tonys on in the living room as I type this. I especially loved the Rock of Ages number. The guy in the printed tux tee who got to pick on Liza Minellei was hilarious. The number from Next to Normal is on now. I can see why this show's received so many positive reviews - this number's devastating, especially if you know anyone who really does suffer from depression. (And Carrie Fisher's description was pretty funny. Hit a little too close to home there?)

No comments: