Monday, June 01, 2009

Monday, Monday

Actually, there wasn't much to my Monday. I slept in, had cereal, bananas, and strawberries for breakfast, watched cartoons, and got the rent together for Miss Ellie. At least it's right on time this month.

I've been having trouble on and off with my Internet. The signal keeps dropping for anywhere from a minute to a half-hour. I don't know why. I've changed the filter, turned the modem on and off, taken the splitter out. Nothing works. I called Verizon High Speed Internet this morning. The Asian Indian man at the desk checked my signal. He wasn't able to get back to me until after work, but he said something to the effect that it might be a faulty land-line. Supposedly, someone will be coming around between 8 and 1 on Friday.

I'm not holding my breath.

Work, on the other hand, was no problem at all. It was steady-to-dead, with so much help, I spent at least two hours all together doing returns. No customer problems, either. Maybe everyone was out enjoying the gorgeous sunny, breezy, 70-degree day.

I had leftover chicken and tomatoes for dinner and boiled beets in a pan to make pickled beets. I'll finish them tomorrow.

No comments: