Thursday, September 16, 2010

Balance Goes Upside-Down

Began today with this week's yoga class. As you can guess from the title of today's entry, the theme was inversions, i.e, getting on your head, back, or shoulders. Anything that gets you upside-down! I'm getting better at bridge, but I STILL can't do headstands or handstands. It's annoying, especially since everyone else in the class can do them.

I made a brief stop at the thrift shop after class to say "hi" to Erica, then headed for the Collingswood Library. I came just in time for their Storybook Hour, so there were piles of DVDs to pull out and put away. I did a major reorganizing on their children's DVDs, too. FA said he'd tried to put them in order, but they just got messed up again. I put them in the best alphabetical order I could. I really wish people would teach their children to put things away correctly, instead of jamming them any old place!

I went to WaWa next for a bottle of water and a pretzel, then headed home. I had an omelet with mushrooms, spinach, and peppers for lunch. After I ate, I took down the few remaining summer decorations and put up the general fall items. Fall is my favorite season, so I have a lot to do. I put the cardboard leaves on the window, hung the plastic leaf, put out the doll display on the top of the adult paperback bookshelf in my bedroom, and hung the scarecrow bell I found at a yard sale last year.

Spent the last hour before work editing the Monkees role-play for this month. It should be done by the end of this weekend at the latest.

It was still pretty nice when I got up this morning. It was cloudy, but cool and fairly dry. By the time I was leaving Collingswood, the chill of the morning had been replaced by heat and humidity. The clouds were getting even heavier as I rode to work, but thankfully, they waited until well into my shift to burst.

The weather pretty much cleared out the Acme. It was on-and-off busy all evening, and never worse than mildly steady. Someone did slip and fall going outside, but other than that, there were no big problems. I was in and out on time.

The world was wonderfully wet when I left the Acme. It was sprinkling as I rode down the Black Horse Pike. It's raining heavier now, but I don't think it's as bad as the thunderstorm we had this evening.

No comments: