Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Moon Over Oaklyn

I didn't sleep in as much as I would have liked. The day just called me. It was another gorgeous one, mid-70s, windy, and sunny. After today, it's supposed to get into the upper 80s. I'm not worried. As long as it stays dry and breezy (and isn't so horrible I have to turn on the air conditioner), we should be ok.

I watched a Bowery Boys spooky movie during breakfast, Ghost Chasers. Whitey and Sach run afoul of a phony medium whose chain of fake psychic booths is bilking ladies in the Boys' neighborhood. Slip and the others go after the psychic and her gang...with the help of a very real ghost that only "true believer" Sach can see.

After the Boys ended, I headed to the Oaklyn Library for this week's volunteering session there. Mostly did what I did last week, organized the DVDs and videos. I also got started on the childrens' books.

I was only there for an hour. It was too nice to hang out all day! I went for a long walk around the neighborhood after I left there. It was really a wonderful day for it. Fall has the most perfect weather here. It was sunny and windy and blue and gold. People were out walking their dogs or playing with their children. It was just fabulous. Stopped at Doria's Deli and got turkey lunchmeat, too.

After I got home, I had lunch and puttered around the apartment a bit. I worked on crocheting a purse for Jessa. I went online. I watched more Bowery Boys, Hold That Baby!, which I didn't finish last month. I baked brownies.

The brownies took longer than I thought. I was almost late for work! I did finally get in just under the wire. As it turned out, work was on-and-off busy and downright silent by the time I finished. I had no trouble with customers or getting in or out.

No comments: