Monday, September 13, 2010

Weight-y Problem

This was not a fun day. First of all, I overslept again. That meant I didn't get out to do the laundry until after 11. The laundromat was busy when I arrived, but there were washers and driers open. I had a lot of stuff, but only one heavy item. I wanted to wash my bathing suit and towel that I use for the pool before I put them away for the year. (No, I didn't put the bathing suit in the drier.)

I'm just feeling a little down. Nothing seems to be working out. I'm back up to 205 pounds. That makes me so mad! Just two years ago, I was down to 174. What happened? I don't get it. Am I just unable to lose weight? Have I been eating too much? I walk. I ride my bike. I do yoga. What's wrong with me?

When I got home, I had to rush to put all my clothes away before they wrinkled. Then I had to gulp down yogurt and an apple for lunch, then rush to get ready for work. I just barely made it to the Acme on-time.

Work was on-and-off busy...but when it was off, it was really off. I was so bored. There was nothing to do. All the candy on the shelves is brand-new and has no place to go yet. There were no returns to put away and very few magazines to organize.

There were a lot of annoying customers, too. We got a set of those ridiculous people who buy piles of whatever's on sale to sell to chop shops in Camden. Of course I'm going to be mad at them! I know darn well what they're doing, and it's illegal! Not to mention, it takes inventory from people who need those things legitimately, and ringing up their stacks and stacks of coupons takes forever. If you have a store of your own, buy your inventory from a warehouse or find yourself another business.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Emma, just a thought...the next time you go to the doctor for a checkup, have him/her check your thyroid. If you have not changed your diet and exercise routine, weight gain might be caused by an underactive thyroid.