Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Breezin'

It remained hot, sunny, and dry today, but there was a wonderful wind that kept it from feeling as hot as yesterday. It felt so nice as enjoyed my Corn-Cheese Muffins and plum for breakfast this morning.

I actually managed to sleep in this time and didn't make it to the Oaklyn Library until past 11:30. I mostly spent the time organizing the DVDs and videos again. I pulled teen movies from the kids' section and organized the teen and adult sections. They were really bad, especially the adult section. I also took a quick look at the kids' picture books.

Went for a walk after I left the library. Stopped at WaWa and bought a soft pretzel and a Light Cherry Lemonade fountain drink. WaWa's soft pretzels used to be terrible, doughy and tasteless, but their signs claim to have improved them. It wasn't false advertising. They're still a little too doughy, but they actually have some flavor now and they do taste better.

I strolled down the White Horse Pike to WaWa, then headed over the hill, past Dad's and Uncle Ken's house, and across the tracks back to my place. I had a really quick lunch of tomatoes, yogurt, and the last Persian Cucumber Salad of the year (cucumbers are now out of season at the Farm Market) and watched the last East Side Kids movie I'm going to run right now, Docks of New York. Even with all the rushing, I was still almost late to work!

I did finally make it in barely on time. Not that it turned out to matter. It was dead, and apparently had been dead all day. Other than it being off-and-on around the usual 4-6 rush hour, it stayed dead. There were some annoying beginning-of-the-month people, but other than that, no problems.

No comments: