Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Come Out Organizing

Started a very hot, dry day with this week's volunteering session at the Oaklyn Library. I did a project I've been putting off for a while. The DVD and video section looks AWFUL. They've been trying to separate movies into a kids' section, an adults' section, and a section for movies the many local teenagers can take out without getting into trouble. I pulled some teen-oriented movies from the kids' videos (notably the original 90s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies and Iron Giant), completely re-did the kids' DVDs, and finally got the teen movies under control. That took me almost an hour, and I still hadn't done the adult DVDs! Oh, well. I'll get to them next week.

Went for a short walk after leaving the library. It was too hot for a long one! I mainly needed to stop at Dad and Uncle Ken's. Dad called last night and asked me if I wanted to go to our cousins Karen and Jim's on Saturday, but I was in the shower when the phone rang. I told him that, alas, I work. I'm glad I did go over there; he's going on another work trip after Labor Day.

Headed home next. I went online briefly, then made chicken soup out of leftover chicken breast, tomatoes, and squash for lunch and watched East Side Kids movies. Come Out Fighting is almost identical to Million Dollar Kid, which I watched last night. In both cases, the Kids save a wayward rich boy from a life of crime. Follow the Leader was better. Muggs and Glimpy run into corruption after they leave the Army.

Work was boring. It was steady during rush hour, but otherwise dead for most of the night. I was in and out with no problems besides some slightly annoying beginning-of-the-month people.

No comments: