Sunday, November 27, 2011

Caught In the Cobwebs

Started a sunny, breezy, too-warm morning off with Brunch With the Beatles. George Harrison, who passed away around this time in November 2001, was in the spotlight today. Among his songs played were "Do You Want To Know a Secret," the covers "Roll Over Beethoven" and "Chains," "Do You Want To Know a Secret?", "Don't Bother Me," "Taxman," "Something," "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," and "Here Comes the Sun." Solo numbers included "My Sweet Lord," "Give Me Love," "I've Got My Mind Set On You," and my favorites of his songs on his own "Blow Away" and "All Those Years Ago."

Called Mom during the second hour of the show. I tried to call her earlier, but I kept getting a busy signal. I figured she was probably taking to her sister Terri, who is a bit of a chatterbox, and I was right. She was also on her way to the shower and in a bit of a hurry, so we didn't talk for too long. She loved the Cranberry Bread and had eaten more than half of it, and the rest of the household had made short work of all but the heel of the Cinnamon Strusel Bread. 

My Banana Pancakes really filled me up this morning, so I didn't pack much of a lunch. I didn't rush heading out the door to work, either. Thankfully after the last few days, work was steady, but not really busy. We probably won't be really busy again until we get closer to Christmas and Hanukkah and people start buying food for holiday baking and parties.

The moment I came home, I changed into my Eagles shirt, grabbed my purse, and went back out to watch the game at Uncle Ken's. Turns out there was no need to rush to that, either. The only people watching the game with Uncle Ken were Blake, his dad, Dolores, and a couple of Uncle Ken's buddies. I did have a meatball sandwich with them for dinner and got to see most of the second quarter.

I had some unexpected extra time on my hands when I got back in around quarter after 6. I ended up doing the vacuuming tonight instead of tomorrow. Turns out there was a lot more to do than I thought. The kitchen was a mess, with leaves and bits of acorns everywhere from the front door. (The only entrance to the apartment is in the kitchen.) I moved several small shelves and discovered cobwebs in places I didn't know cobwebs could be. I'm going to have a LOT of dusting to do over the next few days.

(And no, the Eagles didn't win. They lost to the New England Patriots 38-20.

No comments: