Thursday, November 17, 2011

Chilly Balance

The damp and cold had returned when I headed out for this week's yoga class. Focus on the day was on stretching the back and hamstrings and on balance poses. I did as well as I could, which actually wasn't too bad. I'm still not that flexible, but I can hold a pose a little longer than I used to.

There was plenty to do at the Collingswood Library when I headed over there after class. I put away a good-sized stack of DVDs (including two huge Mad Men season sets), and all before the kids got out of Storybook Hour and came looking for movies. Later, I shelved a few Wii titles.

The weather, which had been cloudy and windy all morning, was looking even worse by the time I finished at the Library. I went straight home. Turns out I did the right thing. It started spitting as I pushed the bike over the hill near the Newton River Park. It picked up as I rode through Oaklyn, and was a small but steady shower when I got home.

I had a sweet potato pancake and leftovers for lunch while running the rest of the 1978 The Nutcracker and Muppet Family Christmas. Spent an hour or so after that listening to Christmas CDs, updating a couple of inventories (probably the last time I'll get to it until after the holidays), and editing part of the long Bowery Boys fanfic Lauren and I are working on for the NaNoWrite novel-writing program. Look for that by the end of the month!

The sun was just peeking out from behind some hazy clouds as I pulled on my heavy black coat and went to work. Work was on-and-off busy all night. Other than a few annoying customers, there were no major problems, and I was in and out.

No comments: