Wednesday, November 02, 2011

On the Sunny Side of the Fall

I slept in and spent a lot of the morning reading self-help books in bed. I didn't get going until nearly 12:30! When I did head out, my first stop was the Oaklyn Library for this week's volunteer session there. As with the Haddon Township Library yesterday, there wasn't much going on. I'd apparently just missed the pre-school kids. Did the usual organizing on the DVDs and in the kids' section and moved on.

It's been a while since I've had a really good, solid walk. Either the weather's been bad, or my heel's been sore, or both. Now that Mother Nature's in a better mood and my heel's at least been helped in the right direction, I can enjoy my strolls through the neighborhood again. It was a gorgeous day for it, too, sunny and in the upper 50s, with no wind at all. The sky was a brilliant blue, without a cloud to break up the brightness. Oaklyn is looking far more fall-ish now. A few people had already put up turkey banners and other things for Thanksgiving, but most still had their Halloween decorations out, or just mums and pumpkins.

When I got home, I mostly just puttered around the apartment. I made a Mexican omelet (omelet with farm market Colby cheese, broccoli, peppers, and the last of the salsa) for lunch and ran Sailor Moon episodes. Spent what little time I had before work getting the My Little Ponies together and bagged for Faith's birthday.

Work was much busier than Halloween night. I guess a lot of people put off their shopping because of the holiday. It didn't slow down until almost 9 this time. The weather must have put everyone in a good mood, because there were no problems and I was in and out quickly.

No comments: