Sunday, November 06, 2011

Daylight Savings and Other Fall Stories

I was more than a little disoriented when I got up this morning, thanks to this morning's Daylight Savings. Did I go to bed at 1...or 2? Was I up at 8AM or 9AM? No matter. When I finished with my journal, I put on Brunch With the Beatles and had a smashing fall breakfast of Squash Cornmeal Cakes (made with the leftover acorn squash from last night), a dressed egg, and applesauce.

Ran Brunch With the Beatles while I ate. "Songs From 1966" was the theme today. This was the year the Beatles really kicked into high gear and started doing more elaborate productions in the studios. Among the hits and high notes from that year were "Yellow Submarine," "Michelle," "Paperback Writer," "Tomorrow Never Knows," "Nowhere Man," "Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)," "Act Naturally," and "We Can Work It Out." I tried calling Mom about mid-way through the show, but I got the answering machine.

The rest of the day wasn't terribly exciting. I worked on editing Bowery Boys fanfiction, then had a very quick lunch, put together a Crock-Pot beef stew for dinner, and went to work. The Acme actually called me in an hour early. This wasn't a big deal. I had no major plans for today, and while my hours are generally earlier this week, they're also fewer. It was busy all night, right up until I was ready to leave. There were no major problems, and I was in and out after picking up a can of low fat and sodium beef broth to replace what I used on the stew.

When I got home, I had my stew and talked to Mom. She was happy to hear I'd finally gotten some things done. I do feel much better now that I'm back to a more regular schedule and have a few plans. I need to call the Foot and Ankle Center about my orthopedics and actually hang up those flyers this week.

No comments: