Thursday, November 03, 2011

Seeking Balance Again

With my heel and the weather looking much improved, I decided to see if I could return to yoga. Karin gave me a hug when I arrived and asked where I'd been. I had the hardest time with doing squats and standing poses, and down-dog started to wear my foot out after a while. It was nice to be back, though. I shouldn't have put it off for so long. It really does help.

(It'll also help to be back on a more regular schedule, especially as we enter the holidays.)

Headed straight for the Collingswood Library after class ended. I organized DVDs - once again, the kids' section was a mess - but it turned out that there wasn't much else to do. I headed out after a little more than an hour.

Stopped at Doria's Deli for lunch and to get some business advice. Though everyone talks about using online college message boards for advertising, I've looked at their sites and can't seem to find them. I think I'll start a bit simpler, with paper advertisements hung in the local libraries and some businesses that college students might frequent, like The House of Fun collectables store and the comic book store on the White Horse Pike. It's just a matter of deciding what to write and what to call my business.

I bought a turkey and provolone hoagie at the Doria's and ate it at home. Spent the rest of the afternoon doing things online and checking out my finances. Turns out I had a LOT more in my savings account than I thought. I transferred about half of what was in my savings account to my checking account to pay for most of my rent; my paycheck tomorrow should cover the rest and a bit extra. It'll just be a little late.

Work was pretty much the same as last night - very busy, with many huge orders right up until when I left. The lines weren't helped by register 2 deciding to run slow and making me move less than an hour after I arrived and by another cashier going home sick. Thankfully, it was so quiet by the time I finished, I was able to leave with no trouble.

No comments: