Monday, November 21, 2011

Christmas Carols

Started off the day with A Christmas Carol: The Musical and Multi-Grain Cheerios and fruit for breakfast. Kelsey Grammar is Scrooge and Jason Alexander Marley in this adaptation of the long-running Madison Square Garden version of the beloved Charles Dickens story. Alas, this might have worked better onstage. Grammar wasn't a bad Scrooge, but the music was unmemorable, and the story moved so quickly that it seemed much too rushed. The Ghost of Christmas Present's big number, "Abundance and Charity," seemed to exist simply to give the Rockettes something to do.

Went to the laundromat right after the movie ended. It was very busy with people getting their clothes done before the holiday. I was fortunately able to find a washer and a dryer with no wait.

It was so late when I got home, the minute I finished putting the laundry away, I started getting ready for work. As I made my dinner, I got several phone calls in a row. Turns out it was the Art Institute of Pittsburgh and Philadelphia trying to get through to me. The person I talked to last week would like to meet me online tomorrow afternoon to discuss possibilities of doing online courses and finding financial aid.

It had been cloudy and cool (though still a little too warm for this time of year) when I was at the laundromat, and it remained so at work. Work was on-and-off busy, still a lot but not as bad as the weekend. People were generally in a better mood, too. Maybe they just finished their shopping. There was more food leftover from Saturday in the back, too, so I got dinner on the Acme for the second time in three days.

It slowed down a bit towards the end of the night, and I figured out why when I finally made it outside (after a mix-up regarding who was supposed to leave when). It was quite damp outside. Not soaking wet, but wet enough to make me realize we must have gotten some light rain earlier in the evening. Anything we'd had was gone by 9, though. I was perfectly dry going home.

No comments: