Thursday, March 28, 2013

Springtime Balance

I finally got up early enough to make it to the morning yoga class today. It was pretty busy with people wanting a good work-out before they begin preparing for the spring holidays. We mainly concentrated on variations on back bends...and I felt stiff and slow. You can tell I really haven't done much of this for a few weeks. Hopefully, I'll be able to attend class more frequently once my hours at work calm down a little.

After class, I rode over to the Oaklyn Library for this week's first volunteering session there. Perhaps because of the sunny, blustery day, it was very quiet. Other than the library now has a new TV set, there wasn't much going on. I re-organized a few kids' books and was on my way.

I'd settled into working on inventories, adding to my "simplify" list, and doing research on hobbies when the phone rang. It was the Acme. Could I come in at 2? For once, yeah. Computer work was all I had planned for the afternoon. I had to rush lunch and I still didn't quite get in until almost 2:15, but I did go in early.

As it turned out, I probably would have been better off going in at the original time. It was quiet when I arrived. It did pick up a little during the later part of rush hour, but it was never overwhelmingly busy. Action News mentioned that there were two major car and truck crashes, one on Route 42 near Bellmawr, one in West Deptford, that caused massive traffic jams and may have caused many customers to arrive later than usual or just skip the shopping and go home. Others may be waiting for their Good Fridays off or off early to shop. There were no major problems other than a few annoying customers, and I was in and out.

No comments: