Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Stormy Weather

It was still hot, hazy, and killer humid when I finally got up this morning. I ran another Bowery Boys movie as I made breakfast. They're Blues Busters when a tonsil operation leaves Sach with a voice worthy of a crooner. Slip tries to promote him to the night club across the street, but they toss them out. He finally convinces Louie into turning his sweet shop into their own night club, and Sach becomes the talk of the Bowery. The owner of the other night club doesn't like the competition. When the boys just throw his goons out, he has his singing star go after Sach.

I didn't have the time to do much besides a quick run to the laundromat. It was busy, but I was able to get a washer and dryer with no problems. I didn't really have a huge load, anyway. I was in and out in less than an hour.

Which was a very good thing. I had to rush off to work almost as soon as I put everything away! I needn't have hurried. The Acme was dead for almost the entire night. It did get a little busy during the 4 to 6 rush hour. Otherwise, I spent most of the night standing around feeling very bored.

I could see lightning on the horizon when I got out of work, but it wasn't raining, so I just headed home. That wasn't a smart idea. I was barely a minute down the Black Horse Pike when the wind got crazy and it started pouring like mad. I hid under trees in the grassy area in front of Audubon Park and got soaked waiting for the weather to slow down enough for me to hurry home. Thankfully, to my knowledge, it hasn't stormed since.

I was cheered up when I came home and found the newest American Girl catalog waiting for me in the mailbox. It features most of the new items for BeForever, and some really cute set-ups of the dolls. I love Kit taking photos of her dog Grace, Julie kicking back in her Egg Chair and admiring her new and much-improved Christmas Dress, Samantha swinging her new teddy bear around, and Rebecca in her School Play Outfit ready to take the stage!

No comments: