Sunday, January 22, 2017

I am the Model of a Writer Individual

I didn't mean to stay up as late as I did last night! I barely had enough time for some music and cereal. Continued last night's girl-power theme with the soundtrack to the 2000 version of Charlie's Angels. I actually saw this in the theater in college and loved it, although I wouldn't acquire the soundtrack until nearly a decade later. Destiny Child's "Independent Woman" is my favorite of the new songs written directly for this recording.

Work wasn't bad when I arrived. In fact, it was downright quiet. I spent the first half of my shift mostly bagging. This changed around 12:30. People must have heard the weather reports. We're supposed to get rain and wind all day tomorrow. We were mobbed from then on. I rounded up carts for most of the second half, even when we had at least two or three baggers outside with me.

I headed straight home after work. Changed and relaxed while reading books on current job hunting tips. Enjoyed some jazz while I read.

It was lightly misting when I went to and from work. Thankfully, all it did at work was look gloomy. By quarter after 3, the mist had returned, heavier this time. I walked to Dad's. It's a lot easier to hold an umbrella when you walk.

Jessa and Joe were already there with Dad and Jodie when I arrived. Jodie had her heavenly lasagna for an early dinner, along with Caesar Salad and French bread and butter. It was absolutely amazing. Really hit the spot on such a dreary day.

Wish I could say the same thing about the game. The Packers were absolutely awful today. I'm glad my cousin Mark, a long-time Packers fan, had to work. They couldn't keep their hands on the ball. I lost count of how many times a Packer dropped the ball at a crucial moment, or it went through their fingers, or they just plain lost the darn thing. I finally gave up and left in the 3rd quarter when it was 38-7. The Packers did get on the board a little more after that, but it wasn't enough to win. The Falcons won 44-21 and will be going to the Super Bowl in two weeks.

(The Steelers didn't do much better against the Patriots later in the evening. The Patriots crushed them. 36-17. Like they need to go to the Super Bowl again.)

I needed money for doing the laundry tomorrow. I was originally going to go to WaWa, but CVS is closer to Dad's. It wasn't even misting by the time I headed down the hill to the border between Oaklyn and Collingswood, just damp and chilly. I was really only there for money, but you can't take out money without buying something. I've been meaning to replace my rubber bands, anyway.

Finished the night at home, listening to CDs and working on things online. I thought two kids' titles I'd put off listening to would cheer me up and get my mind off the nasty weather. Animaniacs is music from the much-loved 90's Warners anthology show. My favorites are the educational numbers performed by Yakko Warner. I'll bet many 90's kids learned their US states and capitals from "Wakko's America," the countries on Earth from "Wakko's World," and the planets and galaxies from "Wakko's Universe" and "The Planets." For some reason, they were also very fond of Gilbert and Sullivan spoofs. "I am the Model of a Cartoon Individual" is the stand-out here.

The Best of Schoolhouse Rock features cherry-picked numbers from the four original Schoolhouse Rock segments (and the later Money Rock). Favorites here include "Figure Eight," "Three Is a Magic Number," "Unpack Your Adjectives," "Interplanet Janet," and "Tyrannosaurus Debt."

And thank goodness I have off tomorrow! It sounds like the weather's supposed to get really nasty. I won't have to be out in it, unless it lets up enough for me to do the laundry.

No comments: