Saturday, August 05, 2023

Rediscovered Matches

Started off the morning with breakfast and Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. "Line Leader Daniel" wants that job more than any of the others at school. He's disappointed when he's assigned to give out lunches instead, until he realizes how important it is when he forgets and the kids have no lunch. Dan and his mother learn more about "Neighborhood Jobs" when they take over for X the Owl at the library while he's sick.

Headed off to work after that. Boy, do I wish I hadn't. We were busy all day, from when I came in until right before I left. Everything is just going wrong. I kept causing trouble and making mistakes and panicking. One man's cards didn't work, and he ended up putting back his order. Another threw a fit because I didn't put the receipts with his gift cards. And of course, ten minutes before I left, my register suddenly slowed to a crawl. Ringing items worked fine, but the cards took forever to go through, and it wouldn't print. And that meant I was late getting to the manager to check my register.

Rushed home quickly as I could after that. I had dinner while watching Vivo on Amazon Prime. I go further into this charming animated film about a kinkajou who wants to bring a song by his late master to the woman he once loved at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.


Tonight's Match Game Classics marathon was an encore presentation of the lost Valerie Bertanelli week with not only the missing episodes that surrounded it, but the existing episodes before and after them, too. Honestly, the show was on a roll, getting its groove back after Richard Dawson bowed out. I feel sorry for Valerie. She didn't play badly at all, but she was very uncomfortable between dirty old men Gene Rayburn and Ed Asner. Frankly, she played better than Ed (who wasn't invited back after this week) and Patty Duke (who was out of it the entire week). 

Valerie's nighttime episode and the ones bookending it remain lost at the moment, but the one for the week of Jack Klugman and Brett Somers' "wedding" exists. Jack and Brett are a little more subdued here, though Jack does get a crack at Brett at one point. Bill Anderson is more nervous about dealing with "__ Broken" in the Head-to-Head.

Finally get to see the full story and all the history surrounding these lost episodes in this history-filled marathon!

No comments: