Tuesday, January 02, 2024

Angels On Ice

Slept in this morning and didn't get moving until around almost 10:30. Had breakfast and got organized while watching Happy Landing. I go further into this Sonja Henie romantic comedy with her as a Norwegian lass who follows the bandleader she thinks wants to marry her at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.


Headed out after the movie ended. No trouble getting Uber today. They arrived within 5 minutes this afternoon. To my surprise, given how late it was when I got out, I got someone going home in 4 minutes. No trouble on the road, with traffic or anything else.

Work didn't start out too badly. I spent most of the first half of my shift pushing carts. That got harder when the other bagger was pulled to take customers around 3 PM. I had to sweep, put cold items away, and clean up a broken bottle outside, too. Plus there were these two pre-teen boys who dropped their bikes right in front of the carts. I doubt it ever occurred to them that they were blocking the carts. We do have a bike rack, though it's on the other side of the store from the entrance. I moved their bikes away from the carts. After they came out, they kept riding around the parking lot, getting in people's way and using it for their own private playground. 

(One later asked me if I had a car. Fortunately, no, I don't drive. I suspect if I had a car, they would have damaged it or done something to it to get back at me for moving their bikes. The boy just said "oh," and they left shortly after that.)

And honestly, I can kind of understand why the kids were out. It was a gorgeous day, sunny, breezy, and in the lower 40's. Perfectly normal and nice for early January. 

Went straight into dinner and Match Game '79 when I got home. A contestant who was brought back after Gene accidentally read an answer in her question gets to enjoy the view of Robert Walden and Bert Convy on the panel, along with Patty Duke and Audrey Landers. Patty thinks she has the obvious answer to "Patti __" (hint - it's the other redhead on the show named "Patti"), but the contestant has an even better idea...

Finished the night on Tubi with Charlie's Angels. "Angels On High" takes the girls to the Reno Air Show after their wealthy wheelchair-bound client claims one of the flyers might be his son and heir. Kelly falls for the handsome and charming stunt pilot, while Kris is pursued by a mysterious fellow who keeps asking her questions about the heir. It would seem someone doesn't want the heir to be found, and is willing to kill in order to keep their position with one of the richest men in California. 

No comments: