Sunday, August 26, 2012

Lazy Day

I'm going to be honest. This was a pretty dull day, and I didn't get much done. I slept until about 10, then read and wrote in my journal until quarter of 11. Listened to Brunch With the Beatles while using the last of the Cinnamon Raisin Bread from the Acme's bakery to make French toast for breakfast. The eclectic score for the animated film Yellow Submarine was in the spotlight today. Songs used for the soundtrack included "Nowhere Man," "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band," "Hey Bulldog," "Eleanor Rigby," "All You Need Is Love," and the sing-along title track. "Only a Northern Song" was the only number written specifically for the film.

Called Mom after I finished my French toast. Cape May County had apparently experienced a huge thunderstorm last night! Mom said they had buckets of rain and some of the noisiest thunder she ever heard. (Curiously, she did add that there was no wind, just water and noise.) Dad had just come home from taking my brother's used Camaro home and was so tired, he didn't hear a thing. Now that he was home, Dad wanted to take Mom out, probably to lunch, from the sound of things. There aren't too many other places they can get to with all the traffic in the area thanks to summer crowds.

I spent most of the rest of a hot, hazy, humid afternoon on the computer, reading the Three Stooges stories Lauren and I have written lately and listening to records. I ran the first disc of the soundtrack from American Graffiti, then the original cast album for the operetta Kismet

Work was on and off busy with summer crowds today, to the point where I had to shut down with a line in order to get out on time. Things should pick up a bit now that we're getting closer to several events, including the beginning of the month, Labor Day, and back to school shopping.

No comments: