Monday, August 27, 2012

Storms A-Brewin'

It's just as well that I slept until 9:30 this morning. I awoke to a thunderstorm and massive downpour. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as the one Cape May County got on Saturday night - to my knowledge, we never lost power - but it was more than we've gotten in quite some time. It was past noon before I was able to head out to the laundromat to get this week's load done.

Though it was sunny (if hot and humid) by that point, the earlier weather must have scared people off. There was one older woman there when I arrived, and only a few more by the time my load finished in the dryer. It was mostly me, the book I was reading (A Song In the Dark), and Family Feud on the TV.

Mother Nature looked like she didn't know what she wanted to do for the rest of the afternoon. It remained sunny, but there were heavy clouds on the horizon. Thankfully, as of this writing, they haven't burst yet. I got to and from work dry. Work was busy, so busy, the time went quickly. We're getting close to back-to-school, Labor Day festivities, and the beginning of the month. Things should pick up a bit this week.

No comments: