Monday, May 13, 2013

Chilled Laundry

Brr! It was chilly today for mid-May in southern New Jersey, barely in the upper 50s-lower 60s and very windy. I slept in and just barely had enough time to run my laundry to the laundromat. Thank heavens it wasn't busy at all. In fact, I only saw one other person the entire 40 minutes I was there. I didn't have that big of a load, anyway. I finished Peace and Plenty, loaded my clothes onto my bike (there wasn't time for walking), and rode home.

I was so late, I just managed to put everything away, have a quick bowl of bean vegetable soup for lunch, make dinner, change into my (now clean) uniform, and rush off to work as quickly as I could in the wind. Work was a little bit of a pain. While it was only busy during rush hour, we had a few annoying customers. One lady gave me a hard time about her pretzels being on sale, then fussed because her card only took money off the pretzels...the only items she bought that were on sale. The card just takes off sale prices. You don't "save points." It's a sale card, not a credit card. Later, a woman insisted she gave me a twenty dollar bill when I know she gave me a hundred; I just gave her what she wanted instead of arguing with her.

I found something infinately more pleasant on the porch when I arrived home. I found Josefina's Summer Riding Outfit for twenty-three dollars on eBay with shipping, which is about what it's original price was and much cheaper than the twenty-eight without shipping it costs now. The "leather" vest is cheap and looks it, but the dress itself is pretty and elegant. The red, yellow, and orange print looks very pretty with Josefina's coloring.

No comments: