Friday, May 10, 2013

You Can Always Be Number One

I slept in this morning and didn't get to this week's grocery shopping until 11:30. Thankfully, the Acme wasn't too busy when I arrived. I didn't have that big of an order, anyway. Fruit won't be plentiful at the Farm Market for at least a month, so I bought bananas, strawberries (on sale), melon slices, and blood oranges (the clementines look like they're done for the season). I needed Drano for the bathroom sink, which has been running slow for weeks now. Restocked canola oil, wheat germ, wraps, white cake mix (good Betty Crocker sale this week), and chocolate chips. Found a can of Hunt's Diced Tomatoes and a bottle of good bubble bath soap on the clearance rack.

When I got home, I briefly went online to check and see if my paycheck was in my account yet. I also took a look at eBay to see what was available for Josefina there. Disappointingly, not much. Josefina has never had a lot the way of clothes. She's my only AG doll who isn't retired and is in no immediate danger of retirement, and unlike most of the 80s and 90s dolls, the majority of her wardrobe is easily accessible on AG's site. I did get her Summer Outfit for $23 with shipping, far cheaper than AG's current price of $28 without shipping, and I may try to get her Indigo Skirt and Camisa (dark blue striped skirt and white shift), "Meet" skirt and camisa, and yellow Christmas Dress there. Anything else, along with a few things from fellow AG Regency character Caroline, I'll get directly from the source during AG's occasional free shipping sales.

Ran cartoons on track, sports events, and being a good winner or loser as I unpacked and made a spinach, asparagus, and smoked cheddar cheese omelet for lunch. You're the Greatest, Charlie Brown pits Chuck against Marcie, Freddie Fabulous from Fremont, and the Masked Marvel (Snoopy) in the decathalon. Chuck and Marcie may both have a chance of winning...if Peppermint Patty's intensive training hasn't worn Chuck down.

Gentle Hotoru has her eye on a local athlete who has worked his way up from childhood illness in a third season episode of Sailor Moon. She too is plagued by illness and hopes to be like him when she's older. She writes him a letter, but is too shy to give it to him. Mimtete of the Witches Five is a fan of his, too...but she'd rather take his pure heart than give him letters!

The next episode also involves games, but of a somewhat less strenuous sort. Mimtete messing around with the evil Professor's chemicals results in a space warp being created in his mansion! He's shocked when he has to turn to the Sailor Soldiers to get rid of the time warp and get Rini and Hotoru out alive. The head of the alternate dimension is a game-playing monster that cheats to keep the Soldiers there. Hotoru hopes she has enough luck of the draw to win this game for everyone.

Work was on-and-off busy, with no really major problems, pretty much the same it has been all week. I wonder if some people may have gone down to the Shore to dodge the rain we're supposed to get here all weekend. The day managers had called me earlier and asked me to stay until 10. There was a call-out. I said I'd stay until 8 if they needed me. As it turned out, I had a relief, and there were plenty of baggers and younger cashiers to help. I went home at the original time.

And the rain didn't finally arrive until around 10PM. I hope it doesn't really continue through tomorrow. I at least want to get to the farm market before work.

No comments: