Sunday, May 19, 2013

Little Spring Showers

It was still cloudy when I got up around 10:30, but it looked like it hadn't rained in a while. I continued Donna Parker, Special Agent, then wrote in my journal. Put on the second half of Brunch With the Beatles while making Coconut-Pineapple Pancakes for breakfast. The theme was "Songs That Should Have Been Singles." Once again, this was a good, broad topic that could include everything from "Happy Birthday" to "Magical Mystery Tour" without seeming strange. I tried to call Mom; got her coming out of the shower. I'd call her later, after work.

While it hadn't really been doing much of anything but being cool and humid this morning, by the time I rode to work, it was misting. The weather didn't do anything to keep customers at bay. It was busy all day. There were a few cranky customers, but other than that, no really major problems. It slowed down enough by 6 that I was able to go home without a relief. Thankfully, the rain had calmed down into the barest sprinkles by that point, too.

First thing I did when I arrived at home was call Mom. She'd just finished her own dinner. She was enjoying some peace and quiet before Dad comes home from work. (His boat broke down and he wasn't happy before he went out to sea, so she's not looking forward to his arrival.) My sister Anny took her son Skylar to meet his father Jeremy for the first time in years. Jeremy works with computers in the Army and isn't often in the area. I saw the photos on Facebook and was a little worried about how it was going to work out, but apparently, everything went fine. Skylar enjoyed being with his dad, whom he very much resembles.

When I let Mom go, I made a quiet dinner of my own while listening to my three Elton John Greatest Hits CDs. Cooked salmon in the last of the black beans mixed with salsa, mushrooms, and home-made chicken stock. Threw in a salad of farm-market bibb lettuce and radishes with strawberry-balsamic vinaigrette and had myself a very tasty meal.

No comments: