Thursday, January 10, 2019

Windy Winter

Started off a chilly, very windy morning with a nice, warm bowl of oatmeal and Cranberry Flummery breakfast. Finished the dusting in the bedroom after I ate. The bedroom normally takes a while to clean. That's where I keep most of my books and collections. I just went around most things this time, though. I've got a lot of other things I want to do, too.

Ran more Hello Kitty Furry Tale Theater episodes as I cleaned. Tuxedo Sam is "Robin Penguin," who robs gum from rich Princess Catnip to give to the poor people of Knottypine. Kitty plays detective when "Hello Mother Goose" has to figure out who stole a series of famous items from several nursery rhyme characters. "The Ugly Quackling" (Chip) may look different than his sisters and mother Fangora, but he can still save them from the hungry fox (Grinder). "Pinocchio Penguin" learns a lesson in honesty when the wooden penguin and his friend Chip have to evade the wicked gypsy Catnip and her partner Grinder to get back to Grandpapetto. My Melody's in the spotlight in an Old West version of "Little Red Bunny Hood." She, Deputy Chip, and the wolf Grinder rescue her grandma from notorious outlaw Belle Catnip.

The cartoons ended just in time for me to head to work. Today generally went better than yesterday did. I did end up in the register once, but I was there for less than five minutes before they pulled me to clean up a spill. (Which was actually an especially large dirt clod that someone mistook for a spill.) Though I spent most of the day shelving candy and gathering baskets, I did go outside to do carts during the first half-hour and the last 40 minutes. While it was still sunny, it was also still insanely windy and much colder, probably in the mid-upper 30's.

Went straight home and on the computer. I ended up re-writing the opening sequence to get to the plot at hand a bit more quickly. Luke Scarlet and Friar Kenobi address Han of Locksley and his moor friend Chewbacca at a run-down tavern near Nottingham. They want to hire him as a guide to Aldran Manor, on the edge of Nottingham Forest. Han agrees to it, for an outrageous sum. The old monk tells him that they will pay. Han sends Chewbacca to tend to the horses after they leave, but there's someone else watching him...

Broke for dinner at quarter of 7. Had scrambled eggs and vegetables, then made Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies while watching Robin and the 7 Hoods. I go into more detail about this 30's gangster-themed vehicle for Frank Sinatra and the Rat Pack at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

Robin and the 7 Hoods

(Oh, and I would have gotten this up faster, but my internet went down for a couple of hours this evening...right as I was trying to get on, of course.)

No comments: