Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Sleepytime Angels

Began the morning with breakfast and Charlie & Lola. Lola says "I Just Love My Shiny Red Shoes," but she's grown out of them. She wants shoes that look exactly the same as her old ones and won't consider any other types. Her dad finally chooses brown shoes with buckles. Lola doesn't like them...until her friends at school insist that the jingling buckles sound like ponies when she walks.

It was still raining at quarter after 9 and getting late, so I took Uber. Thankfully, no trouble with them this time. The morning driver came in five minutes; the afternoon driver arrived in nine. No traffic either way, and I arrived at work just in time.

No trouble with work, either. It's the middle of the week and the middle of the month, and we're between holidays. Not to mention, while it didn't rain again, it was still chilly, cloudy, and very windy. I helped an older gentleman chase after his empty bags that blew away. I pushed carts and swept the store with no problems whatsoever.

I was so worn out, I went straight into bed for a nap when I got home. I've been up later recently than I really should have been. I just get so caught up reading online! It's hard to focus when you're looking at one thing, and then you see another interesting topic, and then another. 

When I got up, I did online job hunting while watching Vega$. "Everything I Touch" seems to die when Dan's current girlfriend and her best friend who tried to help him solve the case are both strangled after being with him. His secretary Angie (Judy Landers) may be the next victim of a bearded man who seems to be determined to eliminate every woman in Dan's life.

Switched to Match Game '77 during dinner. Fannie Flagg sat in Brett's seat during the week of New Year's 1977 while she went to visit her son at college. Mary Wickes claimed Brett left her the key to the infamous Encino hotel room in the first episode. In the second, Gene hung up a needlepointed fly swatter someone sent him on the back desks.

Finished the night after a shower with the two-part fifth season opener from Charlie's Angels. Kelly and Kris pose as models after a young lady who worked for a supposedly reputable agency turns up dead in an alley. They're "Angels In Hiding" when Kris acts like a klutz to get into the lower "B" group that gets the lesser jobs. While Kris tries to find out what a creepy older man photographer (Jack Albertson) has to do with everything, Kelly discovers that the dead model's tough former roommate Julie (Tanya Roberts) has been doing a little investigating of her own. 

(Oh, and I put in for vacation time. Lauren will be coming down here for the first two weeks of June. I always look forward to it, and this time is no exception. We'll have time to spread out trips we'd normally bunch together, like the one to the Barrington Antique Center and the Deptford Mall.) 

No comments: