Saturday, June 15, 2024

Sleepy Harvest

Got a really quick start this morning! I had a lot to do, so I ate breakfast really fast, then gathered the last of my donations. When I was out with Lauren on Thursday, I noticed a sign at Logan Memorial Presbyterian Church in Audubon for their bi-weekly thrift shop. Instead of turning my donations (including the old oversized purse) over to Goodwill or dumping them in a bin, I thought I'd leave it with them.

Rushed over around quarter of 11 and left my bag at the front desk. They were really busy with people searching through shelves and shelves of books, boxes of CDs, tables of toys and dishware, and huge racks of clothes. I didn't see any CDs or records that interested me, and it was too busy in the main room for me to check out the clothes. I just ended up with a copy of the Fannie Flagg novel Welcome to the World, Baby Girl. 

Dashed back down the White Horse Pike and across Oaklyn to Collingswood for this week's Farm Market. I arrived in time for the last half-hour. Even at that late hour, I still dodged people picking up produce for their Father's Day barbecues and graduation parties. The summer produce is just starting to roll out. Saw the first cucumbers, zucchini, yellow squash, and peaches of the season. Bought strawberries and cherries from the berries booth, blueberries from the booth with the corn later in the summer, and a big loaf of multi-grain bread from the Lost Bread Co tent. 

Went across the street to WaWa after that to pick up a much-needed Propel. While not killer hot like it's supposed to be next week, it's still very warm and fairly humid, probably in the mid-80's. I needed hydration badly. 

Made one last stop up at the pretzel shop on the way home for lunch. Grabbed a cheesesteak-filled and two regular pretzels. The place was pretty busy. A woman waited for her order while I got mine; a dad came in with two daughters as I left.

Put on Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood as I had lunch. I'm not the only one picking up fruit today. It's "Fruit Picking Day" in the Neighborhood, too. Daniel and Prince Wednesday are disappointed that they're too small to reach the fruit...but they're also small enough to get the golden pear Queen Sarah wanted out from under the roots of a tree. "Daniel Is Big Enough to Help Dad" hold and paint the door to his new playhouse and hold the cabinet door for his mom while she glues the knob on.

Watched Rock-a-Bye Baby after lunch. I go further into this farcical musical with Jerry Lewis as a TV repairman who finds himself caring for abandoned triplets at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.


Went down for a nap after that. I was dead tired. I've been going non-stop for the past two weeks. Fell into bed at 4 and didn't get up until 6.

I awoke just in time for today's Match Game marathon. Today's theme was bad answers and tearing things up, whether it was the aforementioned bad answers or the time Charles tore his toupee off his head during a PM episode and gave it to a personable but balding young man. Sometimes, someone would blurt an answer, like Buck Owens or Jack Albertson did (or even Gene a few times), and producer Ira Skutch would come out with a replacement question. Other times, Brett would tear up an answer she didn't approve of or thought was bad. And several times, someone would strike out in the Audience Match and not make it to the Head-to-Head bonus round at all. 

There were at least two PM episodes where the contestants struck out completely on the Audience Match and didn't make it to the Head-to-Head. The first time this happened, the contestant just disappeared afterwards. Richard read a hilarious letter as a monologue in his Newkirk Cockney accent instead. The second time it happened, they let the lady answer a question and match the contestants for $100 each. She went home with six hundred dollars and a smile on her face.

Rip it up with the panelists as we see some of the all-time craziest answers in this unique marathon!

No comments: