Friday, October 18, 2024

Sunny Day Angels

I was up way too late last night. It took me so long to finally finish my review, it was past 11:30 when I finally got going. Watched PAW Patrol as I had breakfast. When all of the pups come down with colds in "Pups Save a Sniffle," it's up to Rubble to help Ryder round up Farmer Yumi's runaway pigs and for medic Marshall to take care of his sick friends. Rubble gets freaked out when he and Rocky hear noises while repairing an old mining cabin. "Pups Save a Ghost Cabin" and find out what's really making those noises and who ate Rubble's lunch.

Let Super Password run briefly while I checked my schedule. In good news, four days off again. In bad news, even fewer hours. Dawn suggested another job fair on Tuesday, this one in Burlington. I hope it really can help this time. At the very least, my hours should increase once we get to next month and people start thinking Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.

Hurried out to do grocery shopping after I got off the laptop. My main interest at Sprouts was coconut milk for cheaper than the Acme has it. Decided to try dried mango slices from the bins, red grapes, and a box of ginger molasses cookies on sale. Grabbed two cans of Nixie soda in root beer and cola.

Headed past the Haddon Township Library and high school to the Westmont Acme next. Mainly needed to restock yogurt, popcorn, and soda. Olipop had the cutest cola can with friendly yeti on it. Had to get more of their Crisp Apple, too. Found a container of Italian cookies - biscotti, sesame seed, and S-shaped butter - on clearance. Had online coupons for Honeycrisp apples and Lemon Perfect hydration water. 

Took the long way back across Newton Lake Park. Grocery shopping barely took an hour. It wasn't even 2:30 as I rode down the path. There wasn't anyone around, barely even an animal. I admired the sparkling fountains before pushing my bike up that now very dry gold and green  hill to the Environmental and Historical Center. 

Stopped at the pretzel shop for lunch. I was glad to see they had those cheesesteak-stuffed ones I love. Bought two regular pretzels along with them. 

Had lunch while watching The Monkees. Mike's skeptical when the scuzzy manager for a nasty band in a local band competition claims he wants to help them get publicity, too. He has every right to be when the guy hires "Your Friendly Neighborhood Kidnappers" to keep them from the contest. 

"The Spy Who Came In From the Cool" is the first and my personal favorite of the four spy caper parodies the Monkees did during the show. Two Russian spies accidentally give Davy red maracas containing sensitive microfilm. The CIS recruits the understandably nervous guys to help them round up the duo and keep the microfilm out of enemy hands. 

Got so caught up working on yesterday's blog entry, I didn't break for dinner until quarter after 7. Watched Match Game '77 while I ate. The episode began with an obscure answer to "Natalie __" on the Audience Match that no one but old movie buffs like Dick Martin and me would recognize. Speaking of Dick, he got into trouble later in the episode when his answer joking about a certain celebrity's nose was censored. There was also the married contestant in a skimpy outfit I'm extremely surprised managed to get past censors.

Finished the night after a shower with a spooky episode of Charlie's Angels. Tiffany reveals some psychic powers in "Of Ghosts and Angels" when she has repeated dreams about a woman at a costume party being thrown downstairs. She, Kris, and Kelly visit a friend of Tiffany's at her new husband's creepy Victorian home. After Tiffany encounters ghostly happenings like windows blowing open and furniture moving on its own and her friend is almost run down by a car moving on its own, the other two Angels do research and discover that the young lady's husband is in big trouble with mobsters...which is why his last two wives have died prematurely... 

No comments: