Wednesday, October 02, 2024

Too Much Is Too Much

Got a quick start this morning with breakfast and The Busy World of Richard Scarry. Huckle is surprised to learn about "Peter's Visit" after he and Lowly return from a Scout camping trip. Peter Penguin is Sally's imaginary friend. Huckle finds him to be annoying at first, until he really gets into playing with him. Little Scandinavian resident Bernard creates "The First Skis Ever" to help get his brother out of an avalanche. Poor Dennis the elephant gets "Stage Fright" and tries to duck out of a public speaking contest at school. He's scared to death, until he remembers a poem his mother told him about fear.

Hurried off to my 8 1/2 hour work shift after that. I really wish I hadn't. It wasn't bad when I got in at 9...but once it hit 11:30-12 and the noon rush hour crowds arrived, everything started at once. I would be trying to sweep when someone would want me to put away cold items, and there would be more cold items, and I would have to try to get to the bathrooms and run out and gather the empty carts, too. And the managers kept telling me how to do my job, even though I'm an adult and know darn well how to gather carts. I got so flustered and frustrated and angry. 

Near the end of the day, I was about to go on my last break when I was called to clean up a broken glass jar of tomato sauce that somehow managed to go everywhere in the frozen foods department. One of the managers did start to help me, but she was called away. It took me so long to finish by myself, I had to skip my last break so I could get everything done before I left. I went home in frustrated and angry tears. 

Went straight into Match Game '77 when I got home. I needed Gene and the others and all the craziness. Ate dinner while watching Scoey Mitchilll drool over a pretty teacher in one episode and the champ hold the microphone while Gene answered a Head-to-Head in another. Elaine Joyce got a bit snappish with Scoey for talking over her answer at one point, too.

Finished the night cheering myself up with cartoons, starting with Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. Teacher Harriet tells O the Owl "You are Special" when he tries to imitate the things the others can do for Show and Tell. He finally learns what's special about him when he remembers he has an ability the other kids don't - he can fly. Dan Sr. reminds his son that "Daniel Is Special" during a walk to gather fall leaves for a picture.

Upped the action quotient with PAW Patrol. "Pups Save a Space Rock," or what they think is a space rock left with them by a friendly alien. Captain Turnbot, his brother Francois, and Everest the Husky follow the walking purple rock, only to be caught in a rock slide. The others have to rescue them. "Pups Save a Good Mayor" when Mayor Goodway goes on a camping trip and loses her phone. Humdinger claims he's the substitute mayor and starts handing out tickets and making absurd rules. Ryder and the pups finally get fed up and look for her by air. 

No comments: