Wednesday, May 30, 2007

In The Swim

The big news today was my first swim of the year in Uncle Ken's pool. He's the only person I know in the area who has an in-ground pool, and I swam laps and did stretching exercises for my knee while my laundry was in the dryer. My biological father Bruce set up a small fountain in the grassy area alongside the pool, trying to fill in the gap left by a pine tree knocked over in the February and March ice storms.

Other than that, it was a quiet day. I spent the afternoon reading and catching up on my cleaning; the dining room and music room area desperately needed to be vacuumned.

It was a gorgeous day, sunny and warm but not humid. Even so, I turned the air conditioner back on. It's supposed to get into the 90s by the end of the week again. One of my two fans had a hard time starting up when I first brought it out of the storage room and just wouldn't run again tonight, so I put it out in the trash. I bought it the first year I lived in Wildwood, which would have been about five years ago, not a bad run for a reletively cheap fan bought from Eckard's. I'll look for a new one at CVS tomorrow and Wal-Mart on Friday.

Oh, and I'm considering finding another record player. The one I have won't work, no matter how much I try to balance it. It'll work for a minute or two, then go back to being too slow or too fast. The manual is no help at all. It tells you how to fix the CD player and the tape player, but the only thing it tells you to do to fix the record player is turn the screw that is supposed to balance the turntable. The screw doesn't seem to be balancing anything, no matter how much I turn it.

No comments: