Friday, May 18, 2007

Waiting For the World To Change

In good news, last night's midnight shift went very well, certainly better than last week's. The customers I had perfectly normal, and there were no major problems customer-wise. There weren't even any complaints that the floor on the front end was going to be stripped and anything from the front end that could be moved was scattered all over the eisles.

Today's been a little frustrating. I got into volunteering late because I woke up late after last night's late shift. I didn't leave until 2. Didn't get my paycheck until 4. Didn't get home until 5:30. This left no time for finishing this month's cleaning or working on a short story, which was supposed to have been my goal for the week.

I don't know what's been wrong with me lately. I just haven't felt motivated to write. I'm wondering if I've lost my touch, if I can even write stories anymore. I make all these big plans and get all these huge ideas, and I never follow through on them. I always put things off and put things off and it either takes forever to get things done or they never get done. I just wish everything would change now, instead of later. I wish everything would happen now.

I wish I were thin now.

I wish I were able to go up to a nice little office and ask for a nice little job now.

I wish I could ask a nice guy on a date now.

I'm tired of waiting for things to happen.

No comments: