Sunday, May 27, 2007

May Fair

Had a pleasant day, despite the hot and humid temperatures. (A major thunderstorm tonight should largely take care of that.) I got up early and went to the bank and the Collingswood Farm Market. I recieved quite a surprise when I discovered the Farm Market had been integrated into a massive Memorial Day Weekend fair up and down Haddon Avenue, Collingswood's main street. There was music, games, classic cars, and crafts, crafts, and more crafts. Alas, I couldn't afford the craft booths, not even one with American Girl doll clothes I did want; I just ended up getting the usual fruits and veggies from the farmer's market booths (which were off on a shady side street and all the better for it, as the craft booths were sweltering on Haddon Avenue).

I didn't really get to do too much exploring at the fair, as I had reletively early work today. Work was busy, with few problems. Actually, I was surprised it was busy. I figured everyone would be at the Shore.

No major plans for the rest of the weekend, as I work early tomorrow and Monday. I'll just hang out and experiment with the veggies I brought home, including my first fresh beets.

No comments: