Sunday, October 19, 2008

Emma and the Blustery Day

I spent a rather relaxing day mostly at home. I only worked for four hours, and other than my relief was late, it was busy all day and there were no problems. I don't often get to spend most of the day at home. It was kinda nice. Today was sunny, but still windy and, though less cold than yesterday, pretty chilly. I baked a loaf of Whole Wheat Pear Bread that came out very well and watched The Black Cauldron, Disney's adaptation of the Chronicles of Prydain series of fantasy novels.

I called my family in Erma this morning; got my brother Keefe. He was on his way out with Dad to buy some black shades for his costume. He's in Lower Cape May Regional High School's band, and they play in Cape May's Halloween Parade every year. This year, he and a buddy were being the Blues Brothers (which I thought was brilliant). I called Mom later. She said he had a good time, even though his drum broke and he had to share with the other drummer. Keefe's not the kind of kid who minds doing stuff like that. :)

No comments: