Saturday, October 25, 2008

Weather Only Fit for Ducks and Baseball Fans

I woke up late and barely made it to work on time, ignoring a light rain that barely dampened my pants. Work was busy today, not really crazy but steady. I got in and out with no problems and my relief was on time. After I got in, I went right back out again to run to CVS to get eggs. Though the rain was still only light as I rode home, it picked up when I went out, and was on-and-off for the rest of the evening.

I stopped briefly at Uncle Ken's and got to chat with his girlfriend Dolores. Uncle Ken is going in for treatments for a bump on his neck (I forget what she said it is), so this weekend will be his last football party for a while. Alas, I won't be there. Unless the game's bumped, the Eagles-Falcons game is at 1PM tomorrow and I work noon to 4.

Speaking of Philly sports, the only people crazy enough to be out there tonight were fowls and people catching foul balls. It continued to rain on-and-off, sometimes heavily, until about an hour ago. It's been insanely windy, too. The weather did delay the World Series, but it went on and the Phillies are winning 1-0 at press time.

Oh, and I'm going to be posting a whole bunch of short stories Lauren and I have written in the past few weeks at our Monkees role-play site as soon as I finish here, including several Halloween stories and a few pertinent to the main spring stories. I hope you enjoy them. This will be the last batch for a while. Lauren and I start our extra-long NaNoWrite story soon, and it's likely there won't be anything else posted until around Thanksgiving.

No comments: