Friday, February 26, 2010

Cabin Fever

Sometime during the night, the snow finally stuck to the street. Manor Avenue was lightly covered with white fluff when I awoke this morning, and more was coming down. It was still really windy, too, which was really the problem here. The snow turned out to be the light, soft spring snow that falls quickly and disappears just as fast. Though I spent the morning hanging around inside, the street had melted into slush by quarter of 1 and was clear enough for me to ride to work. I did have to walk my bike over the slush on the sidewalks on the Black Horse Pike, but otherwise, there were no problems.

Work was actually pretty quiet when I came in, but it picked up big-time around the usual 4-6 rush hour. I heard them contemplating calling people in early, but we did finally get some more help. Thankfully, there were no real customer problems and my relief was on time.

I normally grocery shop on Fridays, but I was off at 6 and I wanted to get home before it became fully dark, just in case everything turned into ice. I'll do it tomorrow after work.

No comments: