Friday, February 12, 2010

Getting Back On Track

Started off the day with early work. Dad drove me this morning. My porch was icy, but my steps were fine. Once again, it was getting past the ice on the sides of the road that was a problem. It took me so long, I was almost late again!

Work started quiet, but it picked up around noon and stayed busy thereafter. We were so busy, I ended up staying an extra hour. We were missing people, too, not a good thing on a President's Day Weekend where even some people who wouldn't normally have off are calling out because of the snow.

In the end, it actually worked out for me. Uncle Ken had to come to the Acme for a few things anyway. I went home with him after I finally got over to America's Best and picked up my contacts and did my own grocery shopping. The Acme's had a hard time restocking shelves because of late grocery deliveries. We're completely out of bananas, celery, and regular eggs, and a lot of customers weren't happy. I bought more oranges to make up for the missing bananas and the last small bag of carrots. I had an easier time buying apples, cubed steak, fish fillets, broccoli, grapefruit, cranberries (a dollar a bag), mushrooms, sweet potatoes, canned peaches, and the new Acme generic version of Life cereal.

Good news, bad news, and mixed news on next week's schedule. The good news after this week is fewer hours. Yeah, I know that means I won't get as good of a paycheck, but I really need some time to do things I wasn't able to do because of the storm and my increased hours this week. The bad news is only one day off again, Wednesday. The mixed news is shorter and later hours; the earliest is noon, the latest is 7. On one hand, I didn't really mind working early. I'd rather work early. On the other hand, however, it would be nice to have some time in the morning to get errands done.

No comments: