Saturday, February 13, 2010

Emma and the Snowpeople

Spent most of today at work. It wasn't too bad. Steady, but not as busy as it could have been...or anywhere near what it was last weekend before the first storm hit. In fact, it was kind of on-and-off. That's fine by me. It's been a very long couple of weeks, and it looks like I have another one coming. We're supposed to get some kind of snow on Monday and/or Tuesday, though it doesn't look like we'll be getting nearly as much as Wednesday or a week ago.

Dad picked me up and dropped me off from work. There was enough time before he arrived for me to pick up some things I'd forgotten yesterday, and some the Acme had just restocked - celery, bananas, corn meal, and granola bars.

Dad said he'll be busy tomorrow. Uncle Ken might be able to drive me. The streets are generally clear. I'm hoping to be able to take the bike tomorrow. It's just a matter of getting it out to the street, since most curbs are clotted with ice, dirt, and snow.

After I got in, I put away my groceries and went right back out again. Our paychecks had finally come in this morning, and I needed to deposit mine in the ATM machine at the PNC Bank down the street from me. It was a very pleasant little walk. Some sidewalks were still a little icy or snow-covered, but most were salted and clear. I saw several snowpeople perched on yards on Manor Avenue that were really cute. One family used a baby carrot for a nose. Another gave their leaning fellow a jaunty black felt hat. There was a snowwoman with a pink scarf, Valentine's Day beads, and pennies for eyes.

It was worth going out this evening just for a magnificent sunset, all brilliant red in the sky, like a giant bouquet of roses.

No comments: