Thursday, February 18, 2010

Recovery

Felt much better this morning. My head was still congested, but it no longer felt like Micky Dolenz was playing "Randy Scouse Git" in it. My neck was still a bit achy and my throat was still dry, though. I spent the morning reading Monkees fanfiction (the Birds, Bees set has gotten me thinking Monkees again) and sipping water from a thermos I keep for long trips.

Since I was feeling better, I did go to work. I wasn't coughing or sneezing anymore, just a little sore. Besides, the Acme has kept tissues and hand sanitizer at all registers for over a year, ever since the fussing over the swine flu last year.

I also figured that it wouldn't really be busy anyway, and I was right. We were almost exactly the same as Tuesday; steady enough that the time went fast, but not anywhere close to overwhelming. I was in and out with no problems.

Riding the bike wasn't a problem, either. It was surprisingly warm when I came out, probably in the lower 40s, and everything was melting. It wasn't even really icy when I got out. I was still careful riding home, though, especially on the still-ice-clogged Black Horse Pike.

No comments: