Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Cleaning In the Rain

It was already pouring when I headed to Dad's around 10AM to do the laundry. Pouring, cold as heck, and the water was rising again, to boot. I spent a lot of the morning finishing Done Gone Wrong, but I couldn't sit around all day. I had things I wanted to do. I just pulled on my new bright blue spring coat and got wet.

My first, quick stop was at the bank. I realized when I checked my account on Saturday that I deposited my last paycheck into my savings account, rather than my checking account, where it really needed to go. My rent's due on Friday, and I'm going to need some money for next week, since I don't get a paycheck this week.

Next stop was the Oaklyn Library. They were dead quiet again. I didn't have a lot of time to spend there. The weather was getting worse, and I had to retrieve my laundry and had lunch. I went through the DVDs and did about half the kids' picture books.

My original plan for today was to do the laundry and run errands in the neighborhood in the morning, then spend the afternoon at the Haddon Township Library. First of all, I didn't get home until quarter of 2, and I still hadn't had lunch. Second, it was STILL pouring and gale-force windy at that point. I've had enough of running around in bad weather lately.

I spent the rest of the afternoon doing what I'd planned for tomorrow - starting my spring cleaning. I scrubbed the tile walls of the bathroom, and the linoleum floors of the bathroom and the tiny hall that connects the entertainment area of the living room to my bedroom. Scrubbed the bathtub, toilet, and sink. I scrubbed the kitchen sink, counters, and cabinets as well, but I ran out of time before I could finish everything that I needed to do in there. I still need to wash and sweep out the area under the sink where the pots and pans are and scrub the inside and outside of the refrigerator.

Oh, and I confirmed what I'll be doing for Easter with Dad. Sounds like I'll be doing what I did last year and joining him and Jodie for Easter dinner at Karen and Jim's house in Washington Township. Last Easter was the best Easter I ever had, so I'm looking forward to that.

No comments: