Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sweeping the Winter Away

Got up late and had just enough time to make the bed, vacuum, and shake out my rag rug before I went to work. It was relatively warm again, probably in the upper 40s-lower 50s, but not quite as much as yesterday. It also wasn't as sunny. It started out partly cloudy and just kept getting cloudier as the day went on.

I really needed to vacuum. The kitchen in particular was really horrible, probably since I ate at home a lot last month. (And Miss Ellie has never told me why the kitchen floor is covered with a rug, anyway.)

Though it was cloudy and somewhat cooler, it still wasn't windy. I had no problems getting to and from work at all.

Work was on-and-off busy again, though not nearly as bad as over the weekend. I did have a few obnoxious customers. One huge guy refused to help me bag his groceries and kept giving me six hundred instructions on how to do it, even though he looked big enough to bag his groceries and the orders for the two women behind him. I was about ready to smack him silly when he finally left, and the remaining customers in the line even said he was being rude and lazy.

I also did something a little gross myself earlier in the day. I broke a nail while doing an order. I tried to pull the nail off, since it was getting caught on things, but I pulled too hard and too deep...and hit blood. I eventually got a bandage from one of the customer service managers.

My relief was on time, and after picking up a cheap bottle of on-sale Goya White Cooking Wine, I headed home. It was even cloudier than before, though it wasn't raining like some customers claimed it was. Wasn't even wet.

Spent the rest of the evening continuing the cleaning. I haven't washed the windows since November. They've had cardboard snowflakes taped to them for months. They really badly needed to be done, especially the windows on the sides overlooking the park and my neighbors' house.

No comments: