Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Party's Over

I slept in this morning and made Banana-Chocolate Chip Pancakes when I finally did get out of bed. Called Mom, too. She was just fine. Keefe was sleeping in; Dad was out riding his motorcycle. She was working on an afghan for my sister's baby. She says she's going to try to get up here to visit me soon, within the next couple of weeks.

After breakfast, I pulled out my spring clothes. I was actually going to do it last week, but it got cold. I'm tired of waiting. Even if we get colder temperatures again, I doubt it'll get cold enough to need corduroy pants and turtlenecks. I put away the heavy pants, turtlenecks, thick knit sweaters, and two of the remaining three long-sleeved t-shirts in my dresser. (I really need to look around for more of those online.)

Besides, I wanted to go through my spring clothes and get rid of anything I didn't need or wouldn't fit anymore. Ditched an acrylic sweater that itched, two blouses that didn't close to fit, and two old T-shirts. I bought one replacement last Monday. I'll get another for my birthday next month.

I really wished my vacation lasted longer. Like forever. Work was incredibly busy and a pain in the rear today, and likely will be all week. In addition to this being exactly a week before Easter, it's the beginning of the month, with all the nuts that pulls out of the woodwork.

The worst of it was this lady who made a fuss over the $10 for 10 sale on six-packs of Deer Park and Poland Spring water. First, she bought the six packs in two larger packs and complained when I asked her to open them. She ended up going after separate six-packs. Then, she fussed when her daughter bought the regular 24 packs of Deer Park and they didn't come up $10 for 10. She whined that they were in the $10 for 10 section...ignoring the fact that they ARE on sale, for $4.99 each. I had to take them off her order. Then the guy BEHIND them got angry and started complaining. Thank goodness the lady with him was able to get him to calm down, but still. I was ready to explode myself by that point; he wasn't helping.

By the time I got off work and had to do some shopping myself, the shelves looked like they were threatening another snowstorm. I was able to get buttermilk and cooking spray, but they were out of the regular Acme brown eggs (I bought Land O' Lakes), and the only Acme Light Yogurt they had left were Peach, Blueberry, and Strawberry Banana.

Nothing went well at home, either. It was windy and cloudy, which made my ride a bit of a pain. I burned the brown rice I had with cabbage, leftover steak, and applesauce with dried cranberries. The guys on The Dress Circle took forever to get to the point tonight on their second "MGM Musical Bio-pics" show. I think they could fit even more music in if they wouldn't blather about every little thing. Give us the info and one bit of trivia and move along to the song or performance piece, boys.

No comments: